https://epsotraining.eu/wordpress/blog/2014/08/12/epso-profiles-law/ EPSO Profiles - Law 2014-08-12 16:05:33 admin Blog post Beginner's Guide
EPSO Profiles – Law
The following EPSO Profiles Law related are the most frequent ones to be included in the EPSO Competitions planning.
The following are the functions of EU lawyers:
- Developing a wide legislation range
- Drafting policy documents
- Coordinating with EU national authorities for improvements in national legislation
- Conducting in-depth research and analysis
- Providing legal advice to higher management
- Implementing programs of activity
- Supervising and assisting colleagues
- Good command over at least two European languages, of which one must be English, French or German
- For Grade AD 5 (entry level), must hold a degree in Law or be graduating this year
- For Grade AD 7 (a much more senior level), several years’ experience is required in a related field
Lawyer-Linguist (AD 7)
The following are the functions of EU lawyer-linguists:
- Playing a vital role in lawmaking
- Ensuring that, in every European language, all new legislation has a common meaning
- Drafting, checking, translating and revising legal texts
- Recognizing what EU legislation intends and manifesting that in one’s own native language
- Excellent command in one European language and a thorough command of at least two others
- Degree in law
The following are the functions of EU legal assistants:
- Helping to analyse and summarize files in order to prepare the position to be taken by the institutions, legal officers, and/or lawyers instructed.
- Helping to draft advice on questions relating to law, litigation, or procedure.
- Conducting preparatory research and analysis of European and national law.
- Compiling files on Community and national litigation and enforced recovery of debts.
- Carrying out research and managing requests for access to documents from European citizens within the framework of applicable legislation.
- Monitoring action taken, the procedural stages (pre-litigation and litigation phase), and compliance with deadlines.
Suggested qualifications for Epso Profiles Law:
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma in the legal field or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to higher education, followed by at least 3 years’ professional experience relevant to the nature of the duties.